iPhone Repair Vancouver
iPhone X problems and their solutions
The iPhone X stood out as completely different from its predecessors: It was the first Apple phone to sport an OLED screen and to ditch the iconic home button. However, as with any other phone, some can fail. A lot of people come to our store iPhone repair Vancouver most iPhone we face is iPhone x. You know almost 80% of people here in Vancouver search " iPhone repair near me"for iPhone X. You know we have the best iPhone repair Vancouver services and we provide the best cell phone repair downtown Vancouver . T herefore, we gather here some typical iPhone X problems and their solutions.
Problem: calls dropping
In the Apple support forum, several users have stated that some calls are dropped on the iPhone X. This is one of those problems that has many potential causes, including your network and location. However, there are some things you can try to do to reduce or permanently eradicate the sudden drop in calls.
Some people seem to have had calling problems with VoLTE, so you can always try to disable it. Go to Settings> Cellular> Cellular data options> Turn 4G on and switch to Data just to see if there is any difference.
- It's definitely worth trying a simple reset to refresh your iPhone X by turning it off and on again or forcing it to restart.
- There may be a problem with your network settings. Try going to Settings> General> Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings , then do a test again.
- Take a look at Settings> General> About and wait a few seconds to see if you have the option to update via a pop-up window titled Update Carrier Settings . If you do, tap update .
- If you still have problems, contact your operator and ask for advice.
Problem: search doesn't work
There have been opinions on the Apple support forum about people who claim they have problems using the Search option in Settings. Apparently the search option at the top of the settings is blank and does not give any results. Luckily, it's easy to fix:
- Go to Settings> General> Language and change your language to something different, for example, if your language is currently set to English (US), then change it to Spanish (Latin America). Now, close the Settings app and then open it again and go back to your original language.
- If that didn't help, go to Settings> General> Reset and tap on Reset all settings . It's just important to note that you will have to re-enter some details after this, such as Wi-Fi network logins.
Problems: not charging, charging very slowly or wireless charging not working
Some people have had trouble charging their iPhone X. Threads on Apple's support forum talk about iPhones X refusing to charge, charging slowly, or not charging wirelessly.
- First, make sure the fault isn't in the charging cable, charger, or wireless platform - try these with another device, or test your iPhone X with a different charger.
- If you have a protective case on your iPhone X, remove it and retest to make sure it is not the protector that is preventing charging.
- Try restarting your iPhone X by turning it off and on again, or by force restarting it. This could temporarily solve the problem.
- If the problem persists, contact Apple Support . You may need a new charging port or some other hardware solution.
Problem: GPS is not working properly
Some people have been complaining about the GPS on the iPhone X for quite some time. There are several threads on the Apple support forums about GPS issues to get an accurate, detour, or just not working well location.
- Start at Settings> Privacy> Location Services and make sure GPS is turned on and that all apps that require access to location data (like Google Maps) have it enabled.
- Open the App Store and check the Update section to make sure all the apps you have had problems with are fully up to date.
- Check Settings> General> Software Update and make sure you have the latest iOS update.
- Try turning Airplane Mode on and off . You can do this through the airplane icon in the Control Center or by going to Settings> Airplane mode .
- Go to Settings> General> Reset and select Reset location and privacy .
- If nothing has worked so far, then you could try a factory reset . Just be sure before backing up.
- Any? Well, it's time to contact Apple technical support or go to an Apple store; there is a small chance that you have a hardware problem.
Problem: the touch screen does not respond or does it by itself
Some iPhone X owners have experienced a touchscreen glitch that causes it to react without being touched, and at other times it doesn't respond to touch properly. There are several threads on the Apple support forum on these topics. Apple has acknowledged that some iPhone X screens "may experience touch problems due to a component that may fail in the display module."
- Contact Apple Support or go to an Apple Store, where this problem should be fixed for you free of charge. If you paid to repair it, you could even claim a refund.
Problem: Face ID is not working properly
Although most people have adapted to the innovation of unlocking their iPhone X with their face, sadly, this technology has not worked efficiently for everyone. The iMore and MacRumors forum posts describe a Face ID that is increasingly flawed and flawed. This problem may have occurred after a software update.
- Make sure your surroundings are well lit and that your face is not filled with shadows.
- Consider going into Settings> Face ID & Password , and switch to Require Attention for Face ID off . But keep in mind that this makes it less secure.
- Head to Settings> Face ID & Password and tap on Reset Face ID . Follow the steps to set it up again.
- Look in Settings> General> Software update and make sure you have the latest update.
- If the above options didn't work for you, take your iPhone X to the Apple Store or an authorized service provider and request a repair or replacement. Apparently Apple has some established testing procedures for this problem and it might require a rear camera repair.
Problem: no response screen
We've seen some reports on the Apple forums and MacRumors forum stating that on some occasions the iPhone X screen doesn't want to turn back on, can't turn off, or worse, intermittently freezes. Know the possible causes of this problem.
- The first thing you should try for a problem like this is a force restart. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button . Then quickly press and release the Volume Down button . Then press and hold the Sleep / Wake button until you see the Apple logo. Unfortunately this could only be a temporary fix.
- For a more permanent solution, you can try a factory reset, just make sure you do a backup first.
- If there is any visible damage, or you suspect that the cause of this problem may be due to the equipment being dropped, contact Apple and take your iPhone to an Apple Store or authorized repair facility for repair.
Problem: screen burned
Shortly after the launch of the iPhone X, Apple released a statement regarding the OLED screen used in this innovative device. The company noted that "image persistence" or "burn-in" could appear over time.
Burnout occurs when a static image is left on the screen for a long time. For example, if you leave your iPhone X screen on for a long time on the home screen, an app icon can burn onto the screen, to the point that you can see its faint outline when watching a video.
Apple is acting proactively and warning users that a fire could occur on the iPhone X in the future, as OLED displays are often prone to the problem, but it is not likely to happen to most people.
- Apple recommends that you lower the brightness on your phone. To reduce the brightness on your iPhone X, unfold the right side of the screen to open Control Center and adjust the brightness slider.
- Activate auto-lock . Since still images are much more likely to cause burns, you want to make sure the screen turns off when you're not using the phone. To activate Screen-Lock , head to Settings> Displays & brightness> Auto-lock . Set your screen to turn off after 30 to 60 seconds of inactivity.
Problem: iPhone X does not work in cold temperatures
A number of users on Reddit reported that the iPhone X stops working when in cold temperatures. The problem usually only lasts for a few seconds, however some users have experienced a longer freeze. Fortunately, Apple is aware of the problem and is working on a software update that should fix it.
- Users report that locking and unlocking the screen fixes the problem.
Problem: green line appearing on the screen
Apple Insider reported that a small number of iPhone X owners see a persistent green line on the left or right side of the screen. People who have experienced the problem say that the line does not appear when you turn on the phone for the first time, but after using it. Recall that Samsung, the maker of the iPhone X screen, had a similar problem with the Samsung Galaxy S7 , leading people to believe that this may be a hardware problem.
- Apple is aware of the problem and is currently replacing the affected drives. The company is also collecting data from damaged devices to determine the source of the problem. If you have an affected unit, take the phone to the Apple Store or contact them by phone at 1-800-694-7466, or online .
Problem: speakers squeak at high volume
Posts in the Apple forums , on Reddit, and on the MacRumors forum describe distorted noise when the iPhone X's speakers are turned up high. The problem appears to be limited to a small number of phones and continues after the unit is replaced.
Recall that a similar problem was also recently presented on the iPhone 8, which was attributed to a software problem and to solve the problem a patch was released. So far, it is unknown if the problem with the iPhone X is caused by software or hardware, but Apple is studying it.
- Don't use the speakers at high volume.
- Use the EarPods included in your iPhone kit or other external headphones.
- See Settings> General> Software Update , as Apple has made changes that supposedly address this issue, although some owners suggest that all Apple has done is reduce the maximum volume.